August 9th, 2021
REALITY CHECK: Climate crisis: Justin Trudeau worse than Harper
The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) is sounding the alarmon the climate crisis as people across Canada are suffering from forest fires and other dangerous impacts of global warming.
For six years in office, Justin Trudeau has pretended to care about the climate crisis, "the climate crisis is real, and we have the best plan to fight it", but, under Justin Trudeau:
- Subsidies to oil companies are higher than they were under Prime Minister Harper.
- $4.5 billion of public money was used to buy a pipeline.
- Canada has the most GHG emissions in the G7 per capita.
- Greenhouse gases emitted by the federal government have increased by 11%.
- Canada is the only G7 country where GHG emissions have increased since the Paris Agreement.
New Democrats have a plan that fights the climate crisis and creates good jobs in our communities.
Canadians deserve better.