Jagmeet Singh Announces New Critic Responsibilities for NDP caucus
Jagmeet Singh, Leader of Canada’s NDP, announced changes to critic roles and responsibilities today.
Here are the new roles:
- Alexandre Boulerice, MP for Rosemont--La-Petite-Patrie, is named Deputy Leader with special responsibility for Quebec;
- Sheri Benson, MP for Saskatoon West, is named Deputy Leader;
- Peter Julian, MP for New Westminster--Burnaby, is named House Leader and Energy Critic;
- Ruth Ellen Brosseau, MP for Berthier--Maskinongé, is named Whip;
- Karine Trudel, MP for Jonquière, is named Deputy House Leader;
- Jenny Kwan, MP for Vancouver East is named Deputy Whip;
- Guy Caron, MP for Rimouski-Neigette--Témiscouata--Les Basques, is named Foreign Affairs Critic;
- Tracey Ramsey, MP for Essex, is named Justice Critic;
- Gord Johns, MP for Courtenay--Alberni, is named Fisheries, Oceans and Coast Guard Critic;
- Rachel Blaney, MP for North Island--Powell River, is named Veterans Critic;
- Hélène Laverdière, MP for Laurier--Sainte-Marie, is named Special Advisor to the Leader on Foreign Affairs;
- Daniel Blaikie, MP for Elmwood--Transcona, is named Ethics Deputy Critic;
- Murray Rankin, MP for Victoria is named Justice Deputy Critic;
- Fin Donnelly, MP for Port Moody--Coquitlam is named Fisheries, Oceans and Coast Guard Deputy Critic.
Attached is a complete list of critic roles.
Singh thanked MPs who are taking on new roles, “We have an incredible team that is diverse and represents Canadians with a tremendous amount of experience. I know our caucus will continue to fight for Canadians – to make housing and medication more affordable; will continue to fight against climate change and will continue fight for a future where everyone can enjoy the opportunities Canada offers.”