Social Media Specialist
Canada’s New Democrats are searching for a Social Media Specialist to join our Digital team. Under the supervision of the Digital Director, the Social Media Specialist will lead the digital ad and acquisition strategy and contribute to the success of the NDP’s social media presence.
Are you frustrated with the lack of action by Canada’s Liberal government on climate change, proportional representation, and affordability? Are you passionate about progressive values, ready to fight for a better country, and want to bring change to Ottawa? Does smart targets and successful digital ad strategies get your heart pumping? Then you might be the NDP’s next Social Media Specialist.
- Develop and execute social media content strategies, both organic and paid, to increase public engagement across all digital platforms
- Manage, monitor and optimize the social media program for Canada’s NDP and Leader accounts
- Community management for various social media platforms including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram & Slack
- Analyze results to improve social media strategies and inform Management of the success of various tactics.
- Develop training materials and templates for use by other NDP departments and campaigns
- Self-motivated, with the ability to manage time and self-direct workflow
- Strong political judgment
- Exceptional English writing skills with an ability to write in a fun, casual, informal voice
- Fluent in modern social media trends; informed about new developments in the social media and digital ad environment
- 1+ years relevant work experience for a non-profit organization, political organization, consumer brand or brand-oriented agency in social media and/or online advertising.
- Experience managing a social media account for an organization, company or agency.
- Experience with running online ad campaigns
- Experience with Google Analytics as well as analytical analysis
- Knowledge of the New Democratic Party, its history, policies, and of Canadian politics in general
- Experience in social media community management, specifically Facebook and Slack
- Experience in social media fundraising
The NDP is an equal opportunity employer. Only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Starting date: Immediately / As Soon As Possible
Annual Salary:$62,000 per annum plus benefits
Please note, this position is part of the NDP staff collective agreement represented by COPE 225
Type: Full-time, Permanent
Monday, February 11, 2019, Midnight ET
Send resume and cover letter to:
Attn: Jesse Calvert, Director of Operations c/o Jasmine Labelle at firstname.lastname@example.org