February 27th, 2021
Social Media Officer - Permanent, Full-time
Canada’s New Democrats are searching for an energetic, social-savvy organizer who is eager to contribute to the success of Jagmeet Singh and the NDP.
Do you live on TikTok, Instagram, or Twitter? Do you have a gift for creating amazing content and posts that are somehow just naturally engaging? Have you felt the satisfaction and reach of getting thousands of likes and shares on your ideas? Do you want to help us change the country and enact our progressive values with your amazing social media skills?
In this role you will execute social strategy to raise awareness and drive engagement with the public.
You’ll support, and strengthen our voice across social media platforms, with a focus on audience development and public engagement. You’ll create campaigns to amplify content, while engaging in influencer programs to help build activism. You’ll join our team of storytellers, helping to write the Canadian narrative for progressive change.
Join our team and be a valued member of our digital growth and communications efforts!
Job Duties & Details
- Write and create engaging content for social media channels and digital platforms
- Write social media copy for the NDP and assist with other asset copy as needed
- Understand and execute brand voice alignment for the NDP and the Leader
- Understand and follow the social media and political landscape of Canadian and progressive politics
- Vary the language and tone of the message based on audience and channel
- Develop calendar, schedule and execute innovative social media campaigns, under the direction and supervision of the Director.
- Collaborate with team members to ensure the development of compelling products in collaborative work
- Monitor the social media landscape for innovations and trends which may represent new opportunities, proactively propose suggestions and escalate problems to the Director
- Generate, optimize and report on social media analytics and digital campaigns
- Under the direction of the Director, assist to identify, build and engage a community of social media influencers
- Contribute to and execute social media strategies for Facebook, Twitter, Tiktok, Reddit and Instagram; working closely with the team to establish target audiences, objectives and KPIs
- Assist with data acquisition as needed and directed
- Assist local campaigns, EDAs and organizers with social media creation, as needed
- Other duties as assigned, including but not limited to other copy and content creation
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience in social media content creation at a level appropriate for a major political party with demonstrated relevant experience in the labour movement or other progressive causes
- Experience with targeting and segmenting digital communications
- Demonstrated experience managing a content calendar
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of social media trends, through personal or professional social media presence
- Demonstrated and proven understanding of broader social media environment and platforms
- Demonstrated ability to create engaging content which fosters growth on social media platforms and supports SEO efforts
- Exemplary written communications skills
- Exemplary copy edits skills
- Demonstrated ability to work within brand and voice guidelines; specifically with respect to the Leader of Canada’s NDP
- Unimpeachable trustworthiness and political judgement
- Knowledgeable and passionate about social issues and/or Canada’s NDP
- Ability to work independent and as a part of a team
- Ability to work in a high-paced, high-pressure work environment in which attention to detail are paramount.
- Preference will be given to bilingual candidates
The NDP is an equal opportunity employer. Only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Starting date: Immediately
Term: Permanent, Full-Time
Salary: Starting rate of pay is $57,861.19 plus benefits and pension (as per Collective Agreement with COPE 225)
Deadline: Friday, March 19 at 5:00 PM ET
COVID-19: Our offices continue to be closed due to COVID-19 and our team is in a work-from-home situation. At such time as our office reopens and we are no longer in a pandemic situation, it is the expectation that this position may be based out of our NDP HQ in Ottawa, Ontario
All interviews will be done via Zoom.
Send resume and cover letter to:
Attn: Jesse Calvert, Deputy National Director c/o Jasmine Labelle at firstname.lastname@example.org