November 17th, 2020
The Regional Organizer (Windsor-Essex) will be responsible for Electoral District Association development, candidate recruitment, identifying and training activists, fundraising support and overall election preparedness in Electoral Districts in Ontario.
- Assist New Democrat Electoral District Associations in pre-election organizing including the development of pre-election and election campaign plans in Electoral Districts across Ontario
- Assist Electoral District Associations in meeting their statutory obligations
- Work with Electoral District Associations in outreach initiatives including fundraising activities, public relations and specific events
- Plan, prepare and conduct workshops, seminars and other training sessions for Party members and activists
- Field questions and requests from New Democrat members and supporters and the general public as appropriate
- Organize and support special events as required
- Other duties as assigned.
- Campaign or election experience
- Ability to work with a team, be reliable, trustworthy and organized
- Access to broad networks, especially labour and social movements
- The ability to motivate and work well with volunteers
- Be self-motivated and well organized
- Ability to work in a co-operative environment and strong interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of the policies, practices and structures of the New Democratic Party
- Knowledge of the political landscape in Ontario, specifically and especially within the region of Windsor and Essex
- Excellent political judgment
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work irregular hours and travel.
- Fluency in English is required.
Organizers are currently working remotely due to COVID, however the successful applicant will be expected to work out the Windsor-Essex Region for the duration of the campaign.
This is a contract position that expires at the end of the next federal election
As soon as possible
December 6th 2020 at 9:00 PM Eastern Time
Our offices continue to be closed due to COVID-19. Currently, our team continues to work-from-home. As this is a term position ending in May, we will be accepting applications from candidates across Canada. Travel to Ottawa will be required in the immediate lead-up to the event.
All interviews will be done via Zoom.
Send resume and cover letter to:
Attn: Jesse Calvert, Deputy National Director c/o Jasmine Labelle at
The NDP is an equal opportunity employer. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.