October 1st, 2019
NDP Voter Outreach Phone Canvasser – Burnaby, BC
Are you ready for a government that’s #onyourside?
The NDP is calling out to progressives in the Burnaby area to be a part of our National Call Centre. The National Call Centre will be reaching out to voters in some of Canada’s most closely contested ridings. We are looking for passionate, driven and highly motivated people who believe in the NDP's vision for Canadians and want to be part of the historic campaign. Although having campaign or canvassing experience is a plus, it is not required. Applicants will be expected to commit to a minimum of four 6-hour phone shifts per week from the date of hiring.
- Ability to adapt well to changing work priorities;
- Confident, assertive and pleasant verbal communicator;
- Comfortable talking to voters on the phone;
- Comfortable securing support from donors;
- Excellent listener;
- Proven ability to work well with others;
- Willingness to work irregular hours in a hectic campaign environment;
- Knowledge of New Democratic Party history and policy and Canadian politics in general;
- Prior NDP campaign experience is an asset;
- Previous canvassing experience an asset;
- Multilingualism an asset;
- Previous experience using direct dialer tools an asset.
Please submit cover letter and resume to:
Jesse Calvert, Director of Operations c/o Jasmine Labelle by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Call Centre Professional”
Location: Burnaby, BC
Hours: 4 to 8 hours per shift, evenings and weekends, part-time and full-time contracts available.
Salary: $17 per hour
Next hiring deadline: September 30th
Commencing Date: Immediately after hire