February 27th, 2021
National Organizer (Volunteer Mobilization) - Temporary, Full-Time (Pre-Election)
Canada’s New Democrats are searching for an energetic, social-savvy organizer who is eager to contribute to the success of Jagmeet Singh and the NDP. Are you personable, ready to work hard and a highly motivated individual that shares the values and goals of the New Democratic Party? Do you have experience in volunteer recruitment, digital organizing strategies, and communication? Join our team and be a valued member of our organization team!
Job Duties & Details
- Volunteer engagement, recruitment and stewardship; specifically through digital platforms and communities
- Develop strategies for volunteer growth, expanding outside traditional NDP circles; especially and specifically through converting data acquisition to volunteer outreach
- Train and support staff to use texting, social media, and software tools for outreach
- Follow up on events to evaluate their success and to ensure impact is maximized
- Coordinate across departments to ensure volunteer activation in various aspects of NDP work
Required skills & Experience
- Experience in volunteer recruitment and acquisition in a professional context and on a mass scale
- Experience in digital outreach tools such as Action Network, New/Mode, and Populus
- Knowledge and experience of organizing strategies and principals; direct NDP campaign experience is an asset.
- Understanding of social media platforms and direct experience utilizing such platforms for communications, and/or organizational growth, and/or outreach strategies
- Proven ability to communicate, especially in written form; ability to write to the listener.
- Knowledgeable and passionate about social issues and/or Canada’s NDP
- Ability to work in a high-paced, high-pressure work environment in which attention to detail are paramount.
- The NDP is an equal opportunity employer. Only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Starting date: Immediately
Term: Temporary, Full-Time (Pre-Election)
Salary: Starting rate of pay is $59,856.41 plus benefits and pension (as per Collective Agreement with COPE 225)
Deadline: Friday, March 19 at 5:00 PM ET
COVID-19: Our offices continue to be closed due to COVID-19 and our team is in a work-from-home situation. At such time as our office reopens and we are no longer in a pandemic situation, it is the expectation that this position may be based out of our NDP HQ in Ottawa, Ontario
All interviews will be done via Zoom.
Send resume and cover letter to:
Attn: Jesse Calvert, Deputy National Director c/o Jasmine Labelle at firstname.lastname@example.org