May 2nd, 2019
May 2nd, 2019
Under the supervision of the Associate Director of Organization, the Organizer (Atlantic Canada) will be responsible for Electoral District Association development, candidate recruitment, identifying and training activists, fundraising support and overall election preparedness in Electoral Districts in Atlantic Canada.
• Assist New Democrat Electoral District Associations in pre-election organizing including the development of pre-election and election campaign plans in Electoral Districts across the Atlantic provinces
• Recruit candidates and support the nomination process
• Assist Electoral District Associations in meeting their statutory obligations
• Work with Electoral District Associations in outreach initiatives including membership drives, fundraising activities, public relations and specific events
• Plan, prepare and conduct workshops, seminars and other training sessions for Party members and activists
• Field questions and requests from New Democrat members and supporters and the general public as appropriate
• Organize and support special events as required
• Other duties as assigned.
• Campaign or election experience
• Ability to work with a team, be reliable, trustworthy and organized
• Access to broad networks, especially labour and social movements
• The ability to motivate and work well with volunteers
• Be self-motivated and well organized
• Ability to work in a co-operative environment and strong interpersonal skills
• Knowledge of the policies, practices and structures of the New Democratic Party
• Excellent political judgment
• Good communication skills
• Ability to work irregular hours and travel.
Closing date:5:00 pm EDT – Friday, May 17
Location:Halifax, NS or St. John’s, NL
Terms of contract:until the 2019Federal Election
Send resume, cover letter and salary expectations to:
New Democratic Party of Canada
c/o Jasmine Labelle
300-279 Laurier Avenue W
Ottawa, ON, K1P 5J9
Fax: (613) 230-9950 or e-mail email@example.com
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.