November 2nd, 2013
NDP Reality Check: Conservative Party Policy Resolutions – More right-wing than ever
Far from moderating their message and appealing to Canadians, the Conservative Party turned even further to the right this weekend.
They embraced an attack on women’s right to choose, they called for more privatization and more cuts.
Rob Anders said that the social conservatives had won this weekend, and went on to say that criminal should be “swinging from ropes”. A phrase that echoes the position of Senator Pierre-Hugues Boisvenu.
Here’s a short list of what was passed this weekend:
- Abortion: Resolution 126 – Passed
- Cutting taxes for the rich through a “less progressive tax system”: Resolution 027 - Passed
- Attacking unions and collective bargaining: Resolution 302 – Passed
- Attacking public pensions: Resolution 159 – Passed
- Privatizing First Nations reserve land: Resolution 169 – Passed
- Conservatives will “resist” domestic or international gun control: Resolution 190 - Passed
Canadians deserve better.