March 14th, 2019
Jagmeet Singh Announces New Critic Responsibilities for NDP caucus
Jagmeet Singh, Leader of Canada’s NDP, announced changes to critic roles and responsibilities today.
Here are the new roles:
- Alexandre Boulerice, MP for Rosemont--La-Petite-Patrie, is named Deputy Leader with special responsibility for Quebec;
- Sheri Benson, MP for Saskatoon West, is named Deputy Leader;
- Peter Julian, MP for New Westminster--Burnaby, is named House Leader and Energy Critic;
- Ruth Ellen Brosseau, MP for Berthier--Maskinongé, is named Whip;
- Karine Trudel, MP for Jonquière, is named Deputy House Leader;
- Jenny Kwan, MP for Vancouver East is named Deputy Whip;
- Guy Caron, MP for Rimouski-Neigette--Témiscouata--Les Basques, is named Foreign Affairs Critic;
- Tracey Ramsey, MP for Essex, is named Justice Critic;
- Gord Johns, MP for Courtenay--Alberni, is named Fisheries, Oceans and Coast Guard Critic;
- Rachel Blaney, MP for North Island--Powell River, is named Veterans Critic;
- Hélène Laverdière, MP for Laurier--Sainte-Marie, is named Special Advisor to the Leader on Foreign Affairs;
- Daniel Blaikie, MP for Elmwood--Transcona, is named Ethics Deputy Critic;
- Murray Rankin, MP for Victoria is named Justice Deputy Critic;
- Fin Donnelly, MP for Port Moody--Coquitlam is named Fisheries, Oceans and Coast Guard Deputy Critic.
Attached is a complete list of critic roles.
Singh thanked MPs who are taking on new roles, “We have an incredible team that is diverse and represents Canadians with a tremendous amount of experience. I know our caucus will continue to fight for Canadians – to make housing and medication more affordable; will continue to fight against climate change and will continue fight for a future where everyone can enjoy the opportunities Canada offers.”