April 26th, 2021
Election Campaign Official Agent
Canada’s NDP is seeking numerous Election Campaign Official Agents to act on behalf of local election campaigns across the country as Official Agents. Successful candidates will be assigned to a number of local campaigns and will be responsible for their financial tracking and reporting, coordinating with the local EDAs, ensuring all statutory reporting requirements are met, and complying with all Election Canada regulations.
This employment opportunity will be Full Time (flexible/negotiable) for the duration of the 2021 election campaign and will move to part-time following the election until campaign returns are complete and submitted to Elections Canada. Election Campaign Official Agents will be responsible for multiple campaigns and campaign accounts.
- Submitting and tracking necessary financial campaign expenses to Elections Canada properly and on time
- Create and manage internal controls for organizing election expenses for multiple campaigns
- Main contact with campaign teams on financial matters and expenses.
- Opening and managing campaign bank accounts across the country
- Working with local EDAs to ensure proper transfer of funds from EDA accounts to campaign accounts.
- Coordinate with auditors on campaign returns and provide necessary information for multiple audits
- Ensuring proper receipting of donations
- Finalizing campaign returns, closing campaign accounts and disposing of excess funds
- Prepare financial status updates for the Director
- Other duties as assigned by the Director
- Some experience with political financing and/or experience as a campaign Official Agent
- Some experience with accounting and/or bookkeeping practices
- Exception attention to detail
- Proven ability to manage multiple financial files simultaneously
- Proven ability to take direction from multiple sources and successfully multitask
- Proven ability to understand statutory requirements as outlined in the Canada Elections Act as well as the Political Financing Handbook for Candidates and Official Agents
- Familiarity with the structure and internal workings of the NDP and political financing
- Familiarity with Elections Canada and campaign expenses
- High degree of trust. Ability to work independently.
- Must quality to hold the position of Official Agent as outlined in the Canada Elections Act
The NDP is an equal opportunity employer. Only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. Interviews will take place on a rolling basis until all available positions are filled.
Remote / Work-from-Home
TBD – Writ Drop of the next Federal Election
Full Time starting at the Federal Election and going until 1 month after Election Day.
At 1 month after Election Day, move to part-time until project completion.
$60,000 per year (pro-rated)
Please send resume and cover letter to:
Jesse Calvert, Deputy National Director c/o Jasmine Labelle at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are seeking multiple people to fill a number of jobs at this position. Full Time/Part Time hours are flexible and negotiable.