April 28th, 2021
Deputy Director of Communications – Permanent, Full-time Position
NDP Research Office
Parliamentary Office, Ottawa, Ontario
The Deputy Director of Communication is responsible for the development and implementation of high quality and effective communications products for the Leader and the New Democrat Caucus. This position supervises a multidisciplinary team including graphic designers, translators, and writers. This position reports to the Director of Communications and is a member of the Management Team.
- Oversee and execute communications strategies through the use of mailings, digital tools, and social media products
- Provide support to the Leader and caucus members in the development and implementation of their communications products such as mailings, digital and social media
- Work collaboratively to develop and communicate the common vision, mission, and strategic priorities of the NDP to staff, caucus, and other stakeholders
- Manage and motivate an effective and cohesive staff team
- Identify emerging issues and communication opportunities; propose effective and realistic communications plans in response of issues and opportunities
- As a member of the Management Team, ensure effective liaison with other departments, as well as the Leader’s Office and MPs’ offices
- Oversee the quality and content of products and documents produced
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience working in a senior role in government or in the private sector/media/NGO/trade union/non-profit sectors
- Senior level experience in communications and project management
- Practical knowledge of direct communications, digital and social media in a political context
- Proven ability to manage projects
- Excellent ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, for political purposes
- Sound knowledge of Quebec and Canadian politics, the New Democratic Party of Canada, its policies, programme, and structure
- Bilingualism preferred
Commensurate with experience
May 4, 2021 (Midnight)
As soon as possible
Send application to
Office and position applied for must be indicated in subject line of e-mail application.
The NDP and NDP MPs actively promote employment equity. Women, Black, Indigenous, and racialized persons, persons with disabilities, 2SLGBTQI+, and anyone from equity seeking groups are strongly encouraged to apply for this position, and qualified applicants from these groups will be given priority. If you are a member of an equity-seeking group, you may choose to identify as such in your application. We are committed to an environment that is barrier free. If you require accommodation at any stage during the hiring process, please do not hesitate to contact the Human Resources Coordinator at email@example.com to arrange appropriate accommodation.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.