Brigitte Sansoucy, MP - Constituency Assistant (Casework)- Temporary, Part-Time Position (until March 31, 2019, 14 hours/week)
Brigitte Sansoucy, MP Saint-Hyacinthe — Bagot
Constituency Office, Saint-Hyacinthe, Quebec
- Manage and respond to constituent casework including intake
- Liaise with community organizations, mayors, MPs, counsellors, etc.
- Represent Member at events and meetings as required
- Monitor events in constituency and advise Member on issues in the constituency
- In consultation with Parliament Hill office, coordinate and manage outreach opportunities relating to the Member’s work in the riding
- Liaise with House of Commons departments and Member’s Ottawa office to ensure smooth coordination of constituency office
- Other duties as required
- Proven communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong organizational skills, ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Proven research and case work skills
- Knowledge of government departments, community organizations and the labour movement
- Strong computer skills including Internet, Windows and MS Office
- Knowledge of Saint-Hyacinthe — Bagot, Acton Vale, and riding priorities
- Knowledge of the New Democratic Party and sound political judgement
- Experience with database management, an asset
- Media relations skills, an asset
(salary levels subject to clauses 12 and 21 of the collective agreement)
June 18, 2018 (Midnight)
As soon as possible
Send application to
Hiring Committee, NDP Caucus Services
202 Sparks St, Suite 217, Ottawa, ON, K1A 0A6
(Office and position applied for must be indicated in subject line if e-mailing application.)
A collective agreement is in effect between UFCW (Local 232) and the New Democratic Party Members of Parliament. All applications will be received and held in confidence.
The NDP and NDP MPs are employment equity employers. Women, racialized persons, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgendered persons are encouraged to apply for this position. If you are a member of an equity-seeking group, you may choose to identify as such in your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.