May 28th, 2021
The Regional Organizer will be responsible for Electoral District Association development, candidate recruitment, identifying and training activists, fundraising support and overall election preparedness in Electoral Districts within a defined region in English-speaking Canada.
- Assist New Democrat Electoral District Associations in pre-election organizing including the development of pre-election and election campaign plans in Electoral Districts across Canada.
- Assist Electoral District Associations in meeting their statutory obligations
- Work with Electoral District Associations in outreach initiatives including fundraising activities, public relations and specific events
- Plan, prepare and conduct workshops, seminars and other training sessions for Party members and activists
- Field questions and requests from New Democrat members and supporters and the general public as appropriate
- Organize and support special events as required
- Other duties as assigned.
- Campaign or election experience required, specifically experience related to Field or Organization or Campaign Management.
- Ability to work with a team, be reliable, trustworthy and organized
- Access to broad networks, especially labour and social movements
- The ability to motivate and work well with volunteers
- Be self-motivated and well organized
- Ability to work in a co-operative environment and strong interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of the policies, practices and structures of the New Democratic Party
- Excellent political judgment
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work irregular hours and possible travel.
- Fluency in English required. Working knowledge of French is an asset
The NDP is an equal opportunity employer. Only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Interviews will take place on a rolling basis until all available positions are filled.
Remote / Work-from-Home
Undetermined - the contract will end on Election Day of the next Federal Election
Full-Time or Part-Time, Temporary
Starting salary is $55,000 per year / negotiable based on experience and qualifications
Please send resume and cover letter to:
Jesse Calvert, Deputy National Director c/o Jasmine Labelle at email@example.com