June 9th, 2022
Laurel Collins, MP - Constituency Assistant–Outreach, Permanent, Full-Time Position
Laurel Collins, MP Victoria
Constituency Office, Victoria, British Columbia
- Coordinate and manage issues, outreach opportunities and events relating to the Member’s work in the riding, including visibility and constituent feedback
- Represent the Member at events and meetings, which will involve occasional weeknight and weekend events
- Monitor events in riding and advise the Member on issues concerning the riding
- Develop excellent media relations in the riding
- Liaise with community organizations
- Schedule Member’s constituency activities and liaise with Parliament Hill office to coordinate Member’s schedule
- In conjunction with Member’s Ottawa Office, assist with media and communications work, including preparing social media content, newsletters, mailings, and multimedia campaigns
- Manage, prepare, and respond to constituent correspondence, as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Proven verbal and written communication skills in English
- Strong organizational skills, ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Ability to prioritize competing demands as they arise
- Strong computer skills including Internet-based research, inbox management, MS Office, and Teams
- Knowledge of the federal riding of Victoria and riding priorities
- Sound political judgement and intersectional analysis
- Relevant post-secondary education or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of community organizations, government departments, and different levels of jurisdiction
- Experience working with Indigenous and First Nations communities and organizations
- Experience collaborating with traditionally under-served populations and groups
- Desktop publishing, graphic design, and layout skills
- Professional fluency in more than one language, particularly French
- Experience working with social media (Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, etc.) and Google Suite
- Access to a vehicle and/or a driver’s license
Individuals who feel they do not meet the traditional qualifications are encouraged to apply and share how their diverse experiences may be translatable to the job.
(salary levels subject to clauses 12 and 21 of the collective agreement)
June 16, 2022 (Midnight)
As soon as possible
Send application to
Office and position applied for must be indicated in subject line of e-mail application.
A collective agreement is in effect between UFCW (Local 232) and the New Democratic Party Members of Parliament. All applications will be received and held in confidence.
The NDP and NDP MPs actively promote employment equity. Women, Black, Indigenous, and racialized persons, persons with disabilities, 2SLGBTQI+, and anyone from equity seeking groups are strongly encouraged to apply for this position, and qualified applicants from these groups will be given priority. If you are a member of an equity-seeking group, you may choose to identify as such in your application. We are committed to an environment that is barrier free. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com to arrange appropriate accommodation.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.