Official rules: Jet with Jagmeet Contest
Important: Please read these Official Rules before entering this online contest (the “Contest”). By participating in the Contest, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements below. NO PURCHASE, PAYMENT, OR FINANCIAL CONTRIBUTION OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST.
- Eligibility: This Contest is open to all Canadian citizens, and permanent residents currently living in Canada, who have reached the age of majority in their respective province/territory as of the date the Contest closes, and who are eligible for travel in Canada as of the date the Contest closes, and for the duration of the Trip. Officers and employees of The New Democrats of Canada Association as chief agent for the New Democratic Party of Canada (“NDP”), including its provincial and territorial associations; and their immediate family members are not eligible to enter this Contest. This Contest is void where prohibited.
- Odds of Winning: Odds of winning the prize are dependent on the total number of entries received.
- Time Frame of Contest: The Contest opens at 12:00 am Eastern Time August 20, 2019 and closes at 11:59 pm Eastern Time August 31, 2019.
- The Prize to be Awarded to one (1) Winner: The one (1) prize to be awarded is the following prize package (“the Prize”):
- One (1) seat for the Winner on the campaign plane during the 2019 Federal Election from a pick-up location to a drop-off destination that reflects the day’s campaign schedule and activities, subject to the discretion of the Contest Organizer.
- One (1) economy-class airplane ticket for the Winner from the major airport closest to the Winner’s address within Canada to the pick-up location, at an approximate value of $600, or alternatively, if the pick-up location is within 600 kilometers of the Winner’s address within Canada, ground transportation at an approximate value of $200.
- One (1) economy-class airplane ticket for the Winner from the drop-off destination to the major airport closest to the Winner’s address within Canada, at an approximate value of $600, or alternatively, if the drop-off destination is within 600 kilometers of the Winner’s address within Canada, ground transportation at an approximate value of $200.
- Up to two (2) nights accommodation, if necessary, (dependent on location of the Winner’s home, schedule of transportation to and from that destination, and the day’s campaign schedule and activities), at a hotel to be determined by the Contest Organizer in its sole discretion in a double-occupancy room or room of equivalent value, at an approximate retail value of $400.
Approximate retail value of the Prize is between $400 and $1600. The Winner will not receive the difference between the actual and approximate retail value of the Prize. In the highly unlikely eventuality that the designated prize should become unavailable or otherwise undeliverable, then the Organizer reserves the right to substitute a prize of the same approximate value.
The Contest Organizer will choose, in its sole discretion, all logistics and details of the Prize, including the form of transportion (ground or air) to be taken by the Winner to the pick-up location and from the drop-off destination, the airline or ground transportation provider, hotel, travel dates, travel times, and departure city. Dates of travel are subject to availability. Except as expressly set forth in the description of the Prize above, the Winner is responsible for their own travel and accomodation, all meals, and all other expenses that such winner incurs in connection with the Prize. Contest Organizer will also determine, in its sole discretion, the date, location, duration, attendees, and all other relevant details of the Trip.
- Date of Selection of Potential Winner: The Potential Winner will be selected by draw by an employee of the NDP at noon Eastern Time on September 9, 2019, in Ottawa, Ontario. The Contest Organizer may, at its sole discretion, conduct a background check on the Potential Winner. By entering the Contest, participants consent to a background check being conducted in the event they are chosen as a Potential Winner. The Contest Organizer reserves the right to disqualify any Potential Winner from receiving any prize based on such background checks if the Contest Organizer determines, in its sole discretion, that awarding any prize to such Potential Winner could result in a safety or security risk to any person or persons or could result in the disruption of any event associated with the Contest or that content posted on social media or otherwise disseminated by the Potential Winner is inappropriate or contrary to the interests of the NDP. The Contest Organizer reserves the right to cancel the Contest if there is no eligible Winner by noon Eastern Time on September 10, 2019.
- Awarding of the Prize / Taxes: ANY FEDERAL, PROVINCIAL AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. The Winner will be notified within (5) business days of the selection via either email or telephone. The prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate Winner if (a) the Winner release materials (see Sections 10 and 11 below) are not returned as required, (b) if two (2) attempts to contact the Winner by phone and/or e-mail within 24 hours are not successful, (c) the Winner is not able to travel to any event included as part of the prize on the date the Contest Organizer determines to hold such event, or if (d) any prize is otherwise not claimed. The Prize is not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges (including for cash) of the prize will be permitted, except that the Contest Organizer reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for any prize. The prize is awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose). The Trip must be taken by the Winner before October 21.
- Conditions: In order for a Potential Winner to claim the prize, that person must complete a time-limited mathematical skill-testing problem. This problem will involve a mathematical order of operations type of question. If the Potential Winner is unable to answer the skill-testing question, they will be unable to claim the prize and a new Potential Winner will be chosen using the same method, excluding all previous Potential Winners.
- Identity of Participant: In the event of a dispute about the identity of the Contest Participant, entries made online will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. An authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. The Potential Winners may be required to provide the Contest Organizer with proof that the Potential Winners are the authorized holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry.
- Declaration of Release / Background Security Check: The Winner will be required to execute and return a Declaration of Release within three (3) days of attempted delivery, or the Prize will be forfeited and will be offered to an alternate Potential Winner. Noncompliance with the terms of these Official Rules will result in disqualification and, at the discretion of the NDP, selection of an alternate Potential Winner. The Contest Organizer also may choose to conduct a background check of each Potential Winner, including on social media accounts. The Contest Organizer reserves the right to disqualify any person from receiving the Prize on the basis of the background checks, or on the basis that content posted on social media or otherwise disseminated by the Potential Winners is inappropriate or contrary to the interests on the NDP.
- Release for Promotional Purposes: Entrance into this Contest constitutes permission for the NDP to use the Winner’s name, city, and province/territory of residence and likenesses for purposes of advertising and publicity in any and all media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity, without further compensation, notification, or permission, unless prohibited by law.
- Announcement of Winner: Only one (1) entrant will become the Winner. The Winner will be announced by the NDP through its website, ndp.ca, or social media accounts, or otherwise online or to the press, at the discretion of the Contest Organizer, no later than October 1.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering the Contest, the Participants accept and agree to these Official Rules and to the decisions of the NDP, which shall be final in all matters. By entering the Contest, you release the Contest Organizer, and all Released Parties from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Contest or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional or, if applicable, the failure to be allowed entry to the U.S.), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory. By accepting the Prize, the Winner agrees to hold the NDP, their affiliates, directors, officers, employees, parent and related companies, licensors, licensees, and assigns harmless against any and all claims and liability arising out of the acceptance, use, misuse or redemption of any prize or participation in the Contest. The NDP is not responsible for any missed or cancelled flights, or Contest events, lost or late entries or Declaration of Releases, or for any typographical, or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Contest, or announcement of the prize, or for technical, hardware, or software malfunctions, computer viruses, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled, or delayed electronic communications, whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest, or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Contest, or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the NDP that interferes with the proper conduct of the Contest as contemplated by these Official Rules. If, in the opinion of the NDP, there is any suspected or actual evidence of tampering with any portion of the Contest, or if technical difficulties or any other factor including accident, printing, administrative, or any error of any kind compromises the integrity, administration, or conduct of the Contest, the NDP reserves the right to modify, cancel, or suspend this Contest without prior notice or obligation. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the NDP reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. The NDP reserves the right to disqualify a person if he/she enters the Contest or tries to do so by any means contrary to these rules or which would be unfair to other entrants or where Contest entries are generated by any mechanical or automated means. Entry materials that have been tampered with, reproduced, falsified, or altered are void. Where disclosed, currency is in Canadian Dollars unless otherwise stipulated. The prize must be accepted “as is” and may not be exchanged for an amount of money, bartered, sold, raffled, substituted, or transferred, and is non-refundable. In the event the stated Prize is unavailable or otherwise undeliverable due to reasons beyond the control of the NDP, a prize of equivalent nature and value will be available to be won, or the NDP, in its sole option, may award the Winner the equivalent monetary value in lieu of prize. The Prize will be delivered only to the confirmed Winner.
- Contest Organizer: The New Democrats of Canada Association as chief agent for the New Democratic Party of Canada, 300-279 Laurier Avenue West, Ottawa, Ontario, K1P 5J9.