Top 10 times Liberals were all like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The Liberals won government with 39.5% of the vote, but our broken electoral system gave them 100% of the power and they have been using it to break their election promises ever since.
Here are the top 10 Liberal broken promises that convinced Canadians we really, really need proportional representation:
- When the Liberal Party broke its own rules and sold CEOs and multi-millionaires access to the Prime Minister.
- That time the Liberals went ahead with billions in Conservative cuts to health transfers.
- When the Liberals failed to repeal any part of Harper’s Bill C-51 that violates our rights and freedoms.
- That time the Liberal government approved the Kinder Morgan Pipeline under Harper’s broken environmental review process.
- When the Liberals promised a renewed relationship with Indigenous Peoples, and then ignored Human Rights Tribunal decisions and fought First Nations families in court.
- That time the Liberals promised to end the criminalization of marijuana, but kept giving Canadians criminal records for possession.
- When the Liberals promised a so-called middle-class tax cut, but instead gave a multibillion dollar tax break to the top 10% while more than two thirds of Canadians get no break at all.
- That time the Liberal government adopted Stephen Harper’s inadequate climate change targets as their own.
- When the Liberals campaigned on saving door-to-door mail delivery but then pretended they didn’t.
- When the Prime Minister promised, literally so many times that we lost count, that “2015 will be the last election held under first past the post”.
New Democrats are fighting for a proportional system of voting because we believe that every vote should count, and that Canadians should get the change they voted for.
We’ll keep fighting so that Ottawa works for everyone, not just the wealthy and the well-connected.
Because Canadians deserve more than ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.