Revelations about Pamela Wallin’s misuse of taxpayer’s money continue to undermine Canadians confidence in our democratic system.
The $121,348 that Wallin misused would pay for the Old Age Security of 20 seniors for a year, and amount to the average annual taxes of 11 families.
Today, New Democrats are posing the following questions to the Prime Minister:
- Why did the Prime Minister say he reviewed Wallin’s expenses and found no problems?
- What information did the Prime Minister have about her expenses, and where did he get it?
- What evidence did the Prime Minister to support his claim that no Conservative Senators used taxpayer dollars to campaign?
- How many other Senators, not under investigation, used taxpayer’s money to campaign?
- When Senator Wallin attended a “Here for Canada” Rally with the Prime Minister during the last election, were Conservatives aware the Senator was claiming expenses?
- Did the Conservative Party and its riding associations also pay for this partisan fundraising activity?
- If they were unaware she was using taxpayer’s money, why didn’t they ask?
- Who in the PMO did Senator Tkachuk speak with regarding Pamela Wallin’s expenses?
- Given the audit’s findings, does the government now agree that Senator Wallin never met the residency requirements for the Senate?
- Will the government seek to remove any and all Senators who do not meet residency requirements?
Canadians deserve answers