NDP REALITY CHECK: When it comes to international trade, Harper can’t seal the deal
Conservatives love to make things up about the NDP but throwing mud isn’t getting trade deals signed.
What IS Stephen Harper’s real record on trade?
- Promised he would sign a deal with India – but then never delivered.
- Globe and Mail, March 31, 2011
- Announced an agreement with Europe with great fanfare–but Stephen Harper won’t tell you the deal still isn’t done_._
- Maclean’s, May 5, 2015
- Bank of Canada has sounded the alarm saying Canada is losing ground on world trade.
- Globe and Mail, April 29, 2015
- Canadian businesses are saying Harper’s trade agreements don’t cut it.
- Globe and Mail, April 14, 2014
- The Harper years have been a lost decade for Canadian exporters_._
- CIBC In Focus, April 16, 2013
Canadians want a leader like Tom Mulcair. A leader who will defend our interests here at home, while furthering human rights, environmental and labour standards abroad.