After six years in government, Stephen Harper’s Conservatives have failed to improve public health care. Instead, they’re cutting $36-billion in funding—even before our provincial Health Accords come up for renegotiation in 2014.
This is simply wrong.
New Democrats have a practical plan to strengthen your public health care—not cut it. Because your family deserves the best quality care, wherever you live:
- Better home care, long term care, and palliative care;
- Expanded public coverage for prescription drugs;
- Putting patients at the centre of primary care;
- Tackling the social determinants of health;
- Recognizing the importance of mental health; and
- Improving health care services for Aboriginal peoples and others in federal jurisdiction.
Most Canadians say that health care is a top priority. New Democrats agree. Isn’t it time our government in Ottawa made health care a priority too?
Let’s send a message to Stephen Harper: slashing health care is wrong.
Spread the word through Facebook, Twitter or email. Quality public health care is part of who we are as Canadians—and that’s worth standing up for.
Health Care Consultations
We held over a dozen public forums and key stakeholder meetings across the country from Yellowknife, to Victoria, to Halifax, to Toronto, to Edmonton, to Regina, to Charlottetown, and St. John’s.